My client is a well-established £1.5m Turnover Manufacturing business that has been trading for over 30 years. Following a recent acquisition, they are now under new ownership and about to embark on a period of growth, doubling turnover within the next 2 years, and an exciting longer term plan for the next 5-10 years.
Due to the above, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Manager in a newly created No 1 Finance Position, reporting directly into the CEO.
My client is ideally located in the CV3 area of Coventry, therefore easily commutable from across both the east and west Midlands, however applicants will be given the choice to work from home once inducted into the business, with future flexibility on working hours / location (outside of COVID times) also being offered.
• Timely and accurate monthly financial reporting, including the finance reporting pack to the MD and senior exec team, plus balance sheet reconciliations with variance analysis for Actuals vs Budget and monitoring of finance KPI’s – 5-day month end close
• Provide Analysis and commentary on Stock, Sales and Margins for UK customer / product base
• Completion and submission of monthly group reporting pack, containing variance analysis, Actual vs Budget – 5-day month end close
• Integral part of the operations management team, whose role is to review and improve company processes and support the senior management team
• Cash flow forecasting – creation and maintenance of submission of weekly cashflow file to group
• Quarterly UK VAT returns – Responsible for collating of VAT data from IT Systems
• Budget management – In charge of collating budget information from across the company
• Payroll management – Responsible for management of payroll file, and lead contact for liaising with external payroll provider to ensure payroll duties completed each month
• Debtor and creditor management – Responsible for managing company debtors, and signing off and approving supplier payments on banking system
• Lead for external financial audit and completion of year-end audit pack
• Daily use of Sage Accounting Systems alongside MS Excel
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working across Financial / Management Accounting, and be happy working in hands-on positions covering top to bottom finance.
This role reports directly into the Managing Director, therefore applicants need to be a confident communicator, producing Management Accounts whilst added commentary across the business.
My client is also about to embark on a period of exciting growth, therefore requiring candidates to play a key role in the improvement of processes, controls and systems.
Candidates that are formally qualified or working towards qualification are ideal, however my client is equally open to those that are QBE but have prior experience gained within a similar position.
Prior experience of Sage line 50 is ideal, and the ability to use MS Excel to Intermediate / Advanced level is also key.
In return, my client is able to offer a highly varied and progressive role with excellent scope of working towards a FC / FD position, as the company continues to grow.
Whilst this position is largely a No 1 role, mentorship and guidance can be offered to candidates from an excellent ACA Qualified Accountant who works with the business as a strategic consultant 2 days per week.
A basic salary of between £30,000 – £40,000 can be offered – my client is also open to considering recruiting this position on a part time basis.