My client is a privately owned highly entrepreneurial business with diverse interests including a construction business, commercial property portfolio, Boutique Hotel, and artistically focused and creative events business.
As part of future succession planning and anticipated growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an Assistant Finance Manager / Management Accountant.
This is a full time permanent position to be based from the client’s offices within Warwickshire, and offers flexibility to work from home 2/3 days per week, post implementation of new cloud Sage software.
This position will partner the current and soon to be retiring Finance Manager, assisting with the below tasks across 3-4 businesses.
• Partner existing Finance Manager in the timely production of Management Accounts for the group of companies
• Review performance Vs budget providing analysis on variances
• Refine reporting KPI’s / MI and provide commentary to MD on business performance
• Management of company Purchase / Sales / General Ledgers, ensuring timely close
• Intercompany Accounting, Processing Journals, Accruals, Pre Payments
• Client / Service Charge Accounting for commercial property portfolio
• Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Monitor cash flow and provide forecasts
• Oversee the running of a small monthly payroll
• Reduce monthly end close process, and review and improve current processes controls and systems
The ideal candidate will have varied experience gained working across all areas of finance, and have a hands on approach with a willingness to muck in.
A good level of IT Literacy is key, to include MS Excel and knowledge of Sage software his highly desirable.
Knowledge gained within the construction industry to include CIS is an advantage but not essential as training can be given, experience of service charge / property accounting would also be a major advantage but not essential.
This role offers great scope for career development, with the planned retirement of a long term employee within the next 12 months.
A starting basic salary of £26,000 – £30,000, increasing within the next year to £34,000 plus, can be offered on retirement of the current Finance Manager.
In return, my client is a highly dynamic and diverse business that has performed well during these unusual times.