My client is a highly prestigious FTSE listed PLC operating within the House Building / Construction Industry.
Due to forthcoming maternity, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant with strong PQE to join the business as Finance Manager within one of their East Midlands Divisions for the next 12-14 Months.
Reporting into the Finance Director for the region, the successful candidate will assist the FD in the day to day running of the finance function within the region.
• Business Partnering with departmental leader to prepare a five-year forecast for the division.
• Commercial meetings with business heads to advise and analyse projects, to prepare and present a rolling two-year profit and loss and cashflow forecast.
• Forward land bank profit projection, looking at viability, sales and margin analysis and providing key KPI’s to manage current and future projects.
• Liaising with commercial to ensure an accurate risk profile is managed within current projects.
• Involved in weekly sales meetings, ensure sales and completions are being met. Looking at price variances and discounts. If possible, applying sales increases given market and site statistics.
• Business partnering the other department, highlighting and monitoring risks.
• Manage and consolidate the monthly management accounts, with commentary on variances on half and full year results.
• Review of accounts to forecast and budget.
• Ensure sub-ledgers are managed, controlled and closed correctly for month end process.
• Full reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet.
• Full reconciliation of financial systems.
• Review and approve the divisional payroll.
• Production of the monthly and yearly board report.
• Update group with cash forecasts and advise of any significant cash movements.
• Deputise for FD and Line Manager, for four staff within the finance team.
The successful candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with previous PQE, operating in a similar senior / leadership position.
Prior experience of operating within House Building / Construction is highly desirable.
Whilst a good rounded accounting knowledge is required, a key aspect to this position is stakeholder engagement, and business partnering with leaders across the business.
This position is being offered on a 12-14 Month Temporary or Fixed Term Contract, but offers excellent scope for conversion to permanent within the group of companies.
A package of £70,000 – £80,000 can be offered coupled with excellent benefits.