Due to continued expansion, we now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join a business as Finance Manager for the UK Site, reporting directly into the UK Managing Director.
The Job holder has the overall responsibility for the analytical accounting and ensure that all legal requirements are met, and is in charge of the (monthly) reporting, in order to provide the management with integrated data as a support of long-term decisions.
This position is the lead finance role within the UK Business, and will take full responsibility of all aspects of Financial, Management and Commercial Accounting for the UK Business Unit.
• Production of monthly management accounts for the UK Business Unit
• Business and Financial Analysis, Business Partnering and driving operational improvement
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Rolling 12 month forecast for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
• Balance sheet reconciliations, Quarterly VAT returns, P11D
• Overseeing and managing sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, payroll and banking administration – making electronic payments according to business requirements
• Managing a finance team of 4, including developing, mentoring, support and appraisal
• Direct point of contact with external professional bodies – Auditors, HMRC and debt recovery specialists
• Arranging and negotiating hire purchase agreements for capital expenditure and energy contracts
• Maintaining and developing internal controls / business processes (including systems)
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified with previous experience within a similar varied position, with exposure gained across both management and financial accounting.
Previous experience gained within Manufacturing or Engineering is preferred, but not essential.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to business partner and engage with key stakeholders across Sales and Operations is essential.
In return, this position promises to be both varied and challenging, with great scope to make the role your own and really influence the continued expansion of the UK business.
The parent company for this business is based in Europe, so occasional travel may be required.
A basic salary of £40,000 – £50,000, coupled with excellent benefits and working environment awaits the successful candidate.