My client is a dynamic technology biased businesses ideally situated in West Leicestershire close to Jct 21 of the M1 / M69 and therefore easily commutable from across both East and West Midlands.
Due to continued expansion and a focus on continuous development, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant / Finance Manager to operate as the No 3 in Finance.
Working closely with the Financial Controller and CFO this position
• Book keeping for 3 group entities using SAP Business 1 and regular reconciliation of nominal ledger accounts.
• Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable function as well as invoicing and credit control, under the supervision of the FC. Engage with operations team as required to support invoicing.
• Prepare monthly management accounts, including consolidated profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, cash flows. Support the FC with variance analysis and commentary as needed.
• Support the FC in preparation of weekly cash flow reporting
• Review and implement accounting process improvements to maintain efficient financial operations.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly payroll and manage the interface with HR and the payroll company.
• Prepare quarterly VAT returns and submissions.
• Assist with forecasting and annual budgeting process.
• Support with the year end audit and ensure supporting reconciliations and back ups is available Prepare the draft year-end group accounts and year end journals
• Support the Financial Controller and CFO with ad hoc tasks and requests from other areas of the business.
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACCA / CIMA / ACCA if not already qualified and have at least 5 years previously experience gained within a similar position.
You will be a good team player and capability to work with other departments
Experience of providing month end reporting information to a business
Willingness to work in a small finance team (5) in an entrepreneurial business with exciting growth plans
Strong I.T. skills including MS Office, particularly Excel.
Experience of working with SAP Business One or similar system.
Excellent analytical skills, reconciliation and numerical abilities.
Ability to prioritise workload and remain calm and organised whilst under pressure.
Ability to deputise for FC in absence.
Commercially aware, astute, self-motivated and driven.
Experience of dealing with year-end external auditors.