My client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding business operating within the construction industry, with a turnover in the region of £20m and a history of local trade of over 20 years.
They are ideally situated in West Leicestershire, therefore easily commutable from both Leicestershire and Warwickshire.
As part of their continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Manager / Financial Controller, to operate as the No 1 in Finance working closely with the board of directors.
You will lead a small team of 3 finance clerks, with duties including
• Managing the accounts team, ensuring that the workload is met and pushing forward with process changes
• Planning the budgeting and forecasting process which is set annually and quarterly respectively
• 3 year business plans with the Directors
• Quarterly accounts completion, WIP, accruals, prepayments, journal postings
• Review vs PY and budget of the quarterly accounts
• Planning project margins with the senior commercial analyst for every project completed
• Balance sheet reviews
• Overseeing the annual audit completed by our external accountants
• Oversee the control of the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger
• Credit Control / Aged Creditor reporting
• Banking control and reconciliations
• Cash flows
• VAT returns completed quarterly
• CIS / PAYE returns completed monthly
• Leading the team responsible for payroll and HMRC
Alongside BAU finance duties, my client is looking for a candidate that can assist the company with continuous improvement across process, controls and systems.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified in ACA / ACCA / CIMA, or actively working forwards with previous experience, ideally gained within a leadership position.
Previous experience of working within the construction industry is ideal, but not essential.
In return, my client is able to offer a competitive basic salary of up to £55,000 coupled with excellent benefits.