FRS are supporting a two partner firm of solicitors with the recruitment of a Finance Manager on a part time basis.
The business are based in South Birmingham, with excellent transport links from the M6, M40 and A45. You will be the number one in finance within the firm, and reporting into and working directly alongside the partners. You will ideally be coming from a legal background, but my client will consider candidates with historic legal sector experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
– Management of two staff
– Responsible for driving new processes and improvements
– Responsibility for management accounts
– Budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, ownership of P&L
– Direct point of contact for professional bodies – auditors, HMRC etc.
– Accruals and prepayments, VAT returns
– An accounting qualification would be advantageous but not essential – ACCA / CIMA / AAT / ACA
– Previous legal experience (essential)
– Proven experience of managing a small finance team
– Ability to work a three / four day working week