My client is a well regarded international business, ideally situated in West Leicestershire near Jct. 21 / M69, therefore easily commutable from across both the East and West Midlands.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the business as a Finance Manager for the UK site, on a Part Time basis.
This position will report into the UK Managing Director and also have a dotted line to Group Finance based in Europe.
The Job holder has the overall responsibility for the analytical accounting and to ensure that all legal requirements are met, and is in charge of the (monthly) reporting, in order to provide the management with integrated data as a support of long-term decisions.
This position is the lead finance role within the UK Business, and will take full responsibility of all aspects of Financial, Management and Commercial Accounting for the UK Business Unit, and also have the responsibility of one Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper that picks up the majority of transactional accounting.
• Production of monthly management accounts for the UK Business Unit
• Business and Financial Analysis, Business Partnering and driving operational improvement
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Rolling 12 month forecast for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
• Balance sheet reconciliations, Quarterly VAT returns, P11D
• Manage one member of staff who is responsible for managing the sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, payroll and banking administration
• Direct point of contact with external professional bodies – Auditors, HMRC and debt recovery specialists
• Arranging and negotiating hire purchase agreements for capital expenditure and energy contracts
• Maintaining and developing internal controls / business processes (including systems)
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified with previous experience within a similar varied position, with exposure gained across both management and financial accounting.
Previous experience gained within Manufacturing or Engineering is preferred, but not essential.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to business partner and engage with key stakeholders across Sales and Operations is essential.
This is a unique opportunity on a part time basis, and ideally suited to a Qualified Accountant that still wishes to hold down an exciting and challenging role but have the benefit of a good work life balance.
This position is expected to be between 20-28 hours per week, with exact working days, start and finishing times to be agreed inline with the successful candidates request.
In return, a basic salary of £50,000 FTE coupled with excellent benefits await.
(This position is currently held by an Interim, and the business are ideally seeking a candidate that can start in Q1 2022)