My client is a leading FTSE listed business within the construction and house building industry.
Due to internal promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Manager to play a key role within one of their Midlands based regions.
Reporting to the Finance Director, to contribute to the overall success of the business, through supporting the Finance Director in the effective management of the Finance team.
You will be expected to:
• Support the Finance Director in ensuring that the Finance team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department”s workload
• Provide cover to the Finance Director in their absence ensuring efficient and smooth running of the department
• Assist with accurate and robust monthly forecasting and preparation of the Divisional three/ five-year business plan in line with Regional/ Group requirements
• Take part in surveying/ valuation meetings and provide appropriate level of challenge
• Assist as required with financial management and reporting
• Support payment and payroll processing to ensure an accurate and timely service, using the Group systems
• Identify and ensure the resolution of issues that have significant impact on the Division
• Ensure Division systems reflect latest information (such as completions forecast reflects latest build programme/ sales status)
• Ensure adherence with the Group Accounts Manual as regards Cash Management; operate and control all activities within the cash budgets
• Assist with appropriate reporting to the MD and Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule including assisting with the preparation of the Finance Board reports and with Divisional presentations
• Complete ad hoc divisional and out of departments projects as necessary
• Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified ideally with 3 Years PQE gained within a fast paced, commercially focused business.
Previous experience gained within house building / construction is desirable but not essential
– A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business
– Ability to be the conscience of the Division and to provide appropriate challenge to ensure all financial controls are maintained.
– Highly numerate individual with strong IT and financial analysis skills, coupled with the ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business.
– Experience of managing budgets/cost control, and planning and organising work to meet targets
– Ability and willingness to contribute a professional opinion to the overall management of the business
– Self-confidence, decisiveness, resilience and ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
– A motivational team-leader focused on managing, coaching and developing the team to achieve their full potential
In return my client is able to offer a basic salary of up to £65,000 Car Allowance, Sizable Bonus and excellent benefits.