My client is a well-established SME business with a rich history of local trade for over 100 years. This client has business interests across Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution of a diverse range of products into the construction industry.
Due to the forthcoming exit of a long term member of staff, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the appointment of a Finance Manager to join the business, located in South Leicestershire Nr Jct. 20 of the M1, therefore easily commutable from across Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.
The successful candidate will operate as the No 1 within finance, and report directly into the Managing Director.
• Preparing monthly management accounts, including profit and loss for the period, cumulative profit and loss, balance sheet, cash movement report, profit and loss vs last year and divisional profit and loss accounts.
• Regular meetings with Directors and Shareholders to discuss the current financial position of the business, and strategies moving forward.
• Managing the cashflow of the business and business bank accounts.
• Recruitment and training of staff members within administration and finance, as well as dealing with employee disputes, appraisals, pay reviews and disciplinary procedures.
• Forecasting sales, purchases and profit and loss for the current financial year, and assisting with setting sales targets for future years.
• VAT reporting.
• Liaising with auditors and government bodies, when required.
• Responsible for the completion of salaried payroll, as well as authorising weekly payroll when submitted by the finance assistant, using Sage 50 Cloud Payroll.
• Petty cash and cashbook control.
• Overseeing month end processes, and ensuring accuracy of figures within Sage 50 Cloud Accounting package, as well as investigating any discrepancies using our in-house CRM system.
• Utilising Microsoft Office to aid with reporting to senior management.
This position is ideally suited to Part Qualified, Qualified and QBE alike, as my client has more of a focus on experience and fit to the business over formal qualification.
Study support can be offered for those actively studying towards CIMA / ACCA / AAT.
Previous experience operating as a No 1 or No 2 within a SME business is preferred, and experience gained within the Manufacturing or Construction industries is highly desirable.
My client currently uses Sage Accounting software, prior experience would be preferred but not essential.
In return, this business can offer a highly varied and challenging role with excellent scope to really shape the future success of the business.
A competitive basic salary of up to £60,000 based on experience can be offered.