FRS are recruiting a Finance Officer for a growing organisation based in Central Coventry.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Finance Officer to replace someone leaving the business – you will be joining a small but established team of personable and friendly individuals.
The business have a budget of up to £30,000 on offer plus health insurance, with the option of ongoing training and development (internal and external) – it is an excellent opportunity for someone to come into a business and really put their stamp on things.
Duties will include:
– Processing month end – accruals and prepayments, operations of sales and nominal ledgers under Sage Accounts, variance analysis, appropriate posting of month end journals and working with key stakeholders, as necessary.
– Preparation of monthly and annual accounts – this includes managing records and receipts, reconciling transactions, preparing balance sheets, processing invoices, resolve financial disputed raised and being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
– Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
– Documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
– Streamlining and improving accounting systems and operations.
– Assisting the Executive Director to prepare and maintain financial budgets and forecasts.
– Development, maintenance and operation of fund management and reporting systems, both internally and externally.
– Identify and reduce financial risks through effective monitoring and controls.
– Management of the company”s cash position, including working capital management and cash flow forecasting.
– Work closely with their outsourced IT, accounting, and loan management system providers to ensure the best solutions and to mitigate any risks to the company.
– Overall supervision of year end audits.
– Support of the financial aspects of new and existing funding and business support contracts.
– Support for compliance and risk activities.