My client is a well respected business within the construction / house build industry, with regional offices based across the UK.
Due to a forthcoming Systems migration, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Systems Transformation Manager.
This position is being recruited on an Interim or FTC basis, and is expected to last 8 Months.
This role will be based from home or the local regional office, however travel across the Midlands and South of the UK will be required during the go live phase of the project.
• To manage the operational activities that will be required to achieve the transition from the current financial system to the new financial system for Divisions.
• To deliver the data migration processes for Divisions during their transition phase, and ensure that the correct data integrity has been achieved in transferring the data.
• To provide training and skills transfer to Super users and users to ensure that they are adequately skilled in the use of the new finance processes, and how they are implemented using the new system.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To manage and ensure that the data migration processes are fully and appropriately followed for each Division, so as to provide assurance over the success of the data migration at each Division.
• To work with Divisions to support their preparation for the transition, including data cleansing and migration tasks.
• To develop and deliver a range of training materials, such as presentations, videos, webinars, help utilities, documentation to Finance teams.
• To support the shaping of the user testing programme, including test scripts, for each Division and manage a group of Super users and users to undertake and report on the testing activities.
• To contribute to the incident log of issues identified through the testing programme, and follow through incidents that are assigned to them such that they are managed to a satisfactory conclusion from a Divisional perspective.
• To support the definition and delivery of any specific Divisional reporting requirements.
• To be a point of escalation for operational concerns raised by Divisions regarding the transition and working with the Business Owner – Finance, broker suitable resolutions in response to these concerns.
• To own reporting issues which are raised by internal customers, and to manage these through to satisfactory resolution.
• To provide regular reports to the project team on progress of transitional activities for each Division.
• To carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with project needs as requested by your manager and the project team.
The ideal candidate will either be an experienced, project minded ERP Systems Migration, with an appreciation and understanding of operational Finance (covering PL, SCL, NL reconciliations, Accruals and Prepayments, Bank Reconciliations and some understanding of management accounts / TB preparation), OR a Qualified Accountant that has gained recent experience in successfully delivering ERP Systems Migration projects.
Previous experience gained within house building and or knowledge of COINS is highly desirable, however experience of the successful delivery of other ERP Systems with associated project management, data migration, UAT and training will be considered.
Other Key Skills:
• Customer focused (internal) with an ability to build effective relationships with business and project staff.
• Experience of training new staff on systems and procedures.
• Able to communicate and effectively liaise with other departments in order to complete assignments and tasks.
• Focus on meeting deadlines, and will ‘go the extra mile’ to ensure that compromises are not taken to achieve them.
• Methodical with a strong attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Enthusiastic and good team player.
• Thorough understanding of data migration processes, with experience of managing the delivery of financial / operational data migration projects.
• Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets – Pivots / Look Ups (Marcos an Advantage).