My client is a well-regarded Manufacturing business, ideally situated in North East Leicestershire and therefore easily commutable from Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Cambridgeshire.
Due to restructure, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join their divisional finance team.
Reporting into the Site No 2, this is a key position in the leadership of finance and you will lead the financial accounting team to deliver monthly reporting requirements and maintaining a strong control environment, whilst supporting the business to understand and improve cost management and looking after the relationship with the SSC.
• To own the accounting processes, creating a strong control framework resulting in clear audit reviews.
• To own the trial balance (P&L and Balance Sheet) and monthly / annual statutory reporting process; completion to a high standard of accuracy, with clear explanation of variances and meeting all local, Group and external deadlines.
• Provision of information to the wider business arising from the preparation of the monthly accounts, to allow understanding of the business financial performance and opportunities for cost control.
• To manage the relationship with the ledger functions located at the Shared Services Centre, ensuring that site and SSC operate in a coordinated and efficient manner.
• Provide oversight of the weekly cash forecasting process, to ensure that forecasts are accurate over the short to medium term.
• Preparation / review of balance sheet reconciliations, including resolution of differences and issues identified – preparation of quarterly provisions review and monitoring of provision levels.
• Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of information for inclusion in Budgets, CYE forecasting etc., to meet the reporting requirements of the business, considering the impact of any business changes.
• Lead day to day management of the Assistant Financial Accountant and Payroll teams including team development, talent identification, and management.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) with previous experience gained within a similar position.
Previous experience gained within a FMCG / Manufacturing business is ideal however not essential, those seeking a first move from Practice into industry would also be considered.
A good technical accounting knowledge is required, and experience leading a small team of finance staff is desirable.
This is not a typical SSC Financial Accounting position, and strong business partnering and excellent communication skills are essential.
In return, my client is able to offer a basic salary of £40,000 – £45,000 coupled with market leading benefits package and unrivalled opportunities for internal development, both within the division and wider group.