My client is a UK market leader within the FMCG Sector, ideally situated in the North of Leicestershire, and therefore easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Due to continual expansion and business improvement, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the team.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will lead a small team of finance professionals and ensure the timely delivery of all aspects of monthly financial reporting.
You will have strong technical accounting knowledge, coupled with a commercial focus to enable the ability to understand and challenge performance, resulting in high quality reporting to both the business and Group.
• Accurately producing the monthly board pack to the highest standard of quality, and continuously strive to drive improvements for relevant and timely reporting
• Maintaining strong control over balance sheet reconciliations, for confident discussion and review
• Supporting and challenging overhead budget holders as part of a defined monthly process, with review against budget and forecast
• Compilation, through discussions with overhead budget holders of the annual budgets for the coming year, and quarterly forecast with the appropriate level of challenge
• Completing and continually improving the accuracy of the weekly cash flow forecast, for timely submission to Group
• Responsibility for the accurate and timely submission of all annual filing to HMRC, to include PSA / P11d / CTSA / VAT
• Leading and coordinating internal and external audits, demonstrating strong financial control in all areas of the business
• Supervising team, ensuring smooth running of the department with constant review of performance and training needs
• Maintaining strong working relationships with all Managers within the business
• Deputising for Financial Controller when required
Applicants will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with PQE experience within industry, however those looking to make a 1st / 2nd move from a top practice will also be considered.
You will be a confident and outgoing accountant that has the mix of both technical accounting and commercial acumen, and a desire for continual improvement.
Experience gained within FMCG / Manufacturing is preferred, however not essential.
In return, my client can offer an excellent working environment, market leading benefits and a basic salary of £50,000 plus Bonus.