FRS are recruiting a Financial Accountant for a rapidly growing, market leading business who boast of a global footprint.
Due to continued growth, they now seek an experienced Financial Accountant to join their ever growing finance department which offers career opportunities.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will line manage 1-2 members of the finance team, and it is important that suitable applicants for this role have previously managed, motivated and led a team.
Candidates must be ACCA / ACA Qualified and be savvy with new IT systems, plus advanced with MS Excel.
Duties will include:
• Assist with preparation of full monthly management accounts, meeting all deadlines
• Detailed sales margin analysis, to provide useful commercial insight
• Posting of salaries, pre-payments, accruals, depreciations, and other month-end journals
• Maintain fixed asset register
• Stock reconciliation, analysis of GRNI and GINR, and stock provision
• Support with maintaining selling platforms
• Quarterly and monthly reconciliation of different VAT scheme returns, (standard and marginal rate), PAYE and Pensions
• Bank payments and transfers
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Assisting with the supervision of nominal, sales, and purchase ledger functions
• Responsible for overhead variance analysis and commentaries
• Assist with budgeting and cash flow forecasting, and reporting
• Assist with year end statutory audit
• Maintain and improve the existing management reporting suite
• Support with planned systems upgrade and implementation
• Assist with developing, implementing, and reviewing controls, to drive accurate and timely decision-making information
• Assist with streamlining and systemising the reconciliation of sales receipts
• Responsible for streamlining and documentation of all finance related processes
• Continuous improvement finance projects
• Business partnering