My client is a well established group of companies operating within the property industry, with a UK / Midlands office based near Brierley Hill.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Accountant to join the business.
• Production of monthly financial accounts pack for each trading subsidiary, to include a profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow on a timely basis.
• Take ownership of all figures within your portfolio of subsidiaries.
• Review work of property accountant / transaction teams and investigate any anomalies.
• Production of variance report with commentary, capital expenditure reporting and bad debt review.
• Support the group financial accountant with month end management reporting, for review by UK and Group Finance Directors.
• Monitoring of AP/AR ledgers and ensuring their effective administration.
• Responsible for loading accounts data into Cognos and undertaking reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
• Completion of monthly VAT returns.
• Production of cash forecasts.
• Quarterly bank reporting, to include financial accounts extracted from the above, covenants and ratio analyses, tenancy schedules and sundry reporting as required by the banking agreements.
• Liaison with asset managers to ensure compliance with all banking consent requirements.
• Production of budget and revised budget at subsidiary level, for inclusion at Group level and appropriate for distribution to lenders.
• Production of medium term forecasts (3-5 years) appropriate for distribution to lenders.
• Production of year-end financial statements at subsidiary level, in line with FRS 102.
• Production of year-end audit packs and liaison with external auditors.
• Production of tax packs and liaison with tax advisors.
• Review of annual tax computation.
• Preparation of iXBRL accounts for submission to HMRC.
• Liaison with tax advisors to ensure timely and effective responses to HMRC enquiries.
• Assist in the management of the treasury, including foreign accounts.
• Provide support to the FP&A team as required.
• Any ad hoc analysis / projects as required.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), and ideally have experience gained within a similar position, however those working within practice seeking a first move into industry would be considered.
A good level of IT Literacy is key, to include Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel.
In return, my client offers a great environment with added on-site perks such as a Gym, Personal Trainer and company chef.
A basic salary of £40,000 coupled with excellent benefits, and great scope for both sideways and upwards career development awaits.