My client is a well respected FTSE listed business and an employer of choice within the Midlands area built from strong financial performance and a rich history of both rewarding and developing their employees.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Accounting Manager to join the business ideally located in Leicestershire and therefore easily commutable using M1 / M69 from across both East and West Midlands especially when coupled with hybrid working.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting and Tax Senior Manager, this role is a technical role which will lead the team to provide a high quality financial accounting function ensuring that latest accounting standards are implemented in a timely efficient manner and within a strong controls framework.
The Financial Accounting Manager will ensure that that financial accounting activities are executed and delivered to a high standard and owns processes from beginning to end.
A key part of the role is to challenge the status quo and facilitate a continuous improvement culture underpinned by excellent control.
Managing and supporting the Financial Accounting Team, consisting of 2 qualified and 2 part-qualified accountants, ensuring that they are coached and developed to fulfil their responsibilities. across the business.
• Review financial statements and accounts ensuring they are produced to the highest quality and on a timely basis, with appropriate levels of disclosure
• Effectively manage the external audit relationship with PwC, ensuring any matters raised are investigated and resolved across the finance team on a timely basis
• Work with finance and non finance teams to ensure the balance sheet and P&L impact is correct and audit working papers are adequate
• Coach and develop the Financial Accounting Team towards high quality audit, strong controls and drive change
• Implement new processes and controls where needed, to ensure they are relevant, robust and efficient.
• Use continuous improvement to drive change, and bring about a cultural shift in the teams
• Daily oversight to ensure the Financial Accounting team’s objectives, to contribute to the wider Finance Department strategy
• Actively seek out and promote best practice.
• Work through the impact of new accounting standards on the business and ensure they are implemented in an effective and efficient way.
• Input into the creation and execution of the Annual Report, including planning and engaging key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be:
• ACA or ACCA qualifications with significant post qualification experience.
• Technical accounting expert with experience of working within large corporates
• Controls-mindset, constantly looking to improve or enhance existing environment
• Proven people leader, capable of coaching and developing team members to high performance
• Advanced stakeholder management skills, able to communicate complex technical matters in a way that their audience can understand
• Constantly seeking out opportunities to develop both self and team
• Ability to drive process improvement and efficiencies
• Highly motivated, resilient and driven individual
• Change mindset – embracing and leading through change, looking for new ways to do things and actively supporting and taking team along the journey
• Highly visible and credible leader who understands the strategic objectives of the business and will motivate and inspire the team to deliver
• Strong insight and understanding of others to develop the team to high performance
• Conveys powerful messages in challenging situations that inspires and drives action
• Not afraid to take bold decisions, stretching boundaries and encouraging the team to find new ways of doing things whilst maintaining motivation and engagement.
• Sets high standards for the team to deliver towards, creates a culture that encourages better performance and continuous improvement
In return this client offers unlimited career development opportunities with a number of demonstrated success stories couple with a great working environment and hybrid working.
A basic salary of up to £65,000 Bonus and a number of other benefits and discounts can be offered.