My client is a well established SME business ideally located in Central Leicester. Due to Maternity, they have engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Financial Controller on a 12 month FTC.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this is a key role to the business and will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, working capital management, asset control, regulatory and financial reporting, budgets, financial risk management, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
· Manage all statutory accounting and accounting operations
· Prepare and publish timely monthly management accounts
· Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budgets and report variances
· Manage month-end and year-end close process
· Manage all compliance and quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
· Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· The financial management of an associated company and inter-company transactions
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified with at least 3 years prior experience working within a similar position and ideally previous exposure of leading a small but dynamic team
My client has a dynamic working environment. You will be part of the senior management team and a business partner to the Finance Director.
You must have the ability to challenge and drive financial performance, maximising financial performance and providing robust control of all financial aspects of the organisation.
· 25 days plus bank holidays standard annual leave
· Laptop and mobile phone
· Onsite car parking
· Healthcare and Gym membership
This position is expected to last around 12 months and will be offered on a FTC basis with a competitive basic based on experience.