My client is a well-regarded Manufacturing and Distribution business, ideally situated within North Coventry and therefore easily commutable from across the East and West Midlands.
Due to continued expansion they have engaged FRS to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller.
Reporting into the Directors, this position is a lead finance role and will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
• Daily Management of site based finance operations function of 8 staff; including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with HMRC reporting requirements and tax filings
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Additional controller duties as necessary
The ideal candidate will be Qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) with PQE and ideally with some manufacturing experience, however other fast moving sectors will be considered.
You will ideally have experience gained within a similar position and the confidence to operate in a lead finance position, working closely with the Managing Director and driving continuous improvement.
In return, a competitive basic salary of £40,000 – £50,000 coupled with excellent benefits await.