My client is a well-regarded privately owned franchise business with a collective turnover of £40m.
Due to retirement, they now have a vacancy for an IT Savvy Qualified Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller, to work from the site to the East of Birmingham (Near Fort Dunlop).
Reporting into the Managing Director, this is a lead finance role for the business, however also plays a key role in working closely with Franchisees, educating on the use of the CRM Systems which in turn manages timely billing and payroll management.
• Manage and prepare Monthly Management accounts, and 3 Year budget and monthly revisions.
• Analysis of the above and reporting and commentary of business performance.
• Manage and prepare all balance sheet reconciliations.
• VAT returns and reconciliations, ensuring compliance.
• Manage all cash flow for the group.
• Liaising with the bank – HSBC, negotiating all rates, fees and facilities.
• Manage the direct debit system with HSBC and BACS, and also manage all internal systems for compliance and production of the direct debits themselves.
• Manage and prepare year end (statutory accounts).
• Tax computations – private and corporation tax, identifying and recommending tax schemes.
• Maximise tax efficiency and deal with tax matters with, and through external tax advisers.
• Ensure production of all items to timescales set e.g. invoicing, company statistics payroll etc.
• Liaising with HMRC and HMRC audits as appropriate.
• Partner NI contributions and administration.
• Production of payroll (outsourced) and reconciliation.
• Stakeholder Pension Administration (Now Nest) for the group, and keep abreast of all changes and new legislation.
• Train, develop and manage staff in the Finance team.
• To cover vertically and horizontally as and when necessary, undertaking the appropriate duties for that level.
• Pre-implementation – consider methods of implementation and how this would be rolled out across all branches, manage the migration of the branches main systems and data into new software.
• Maintain / develop lesson plans and train users.
• Develop analysis of issues such as repeat problems i.e. improve training and or weakness within systems.
• Extract data from Sage accounts (Clients).
• Manage / synchronise the team so that Sage Payroll extract works on same timescale.
• Follow process through on billing, and import of CSV into Sage accounts and net / gross pay reconciliations.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with PQE, coupled with sound general accounting knowledge and strong systems knowledge.
This role promises to be both varied and challenging, and ideally suited to a candidate wanting to be involved in Project related tasks alongside BAU Finance Duties.
In return, a competitive basic salary of £57,000 and Company Car, Bonus and excellent benefits awaits.