My client is a leading US Owned Manufacturing business, employing over 6000 employees across over 20 countries.
Due to continued development and expansion of two of their UK Divisional Manufacturing businesses, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the team, taking responsibility for the financial stewardship of 2 UK Sites that have been trading for over 40 Years and employ over 200 employees.
Reporting into the Group Finance Director, this is the lead finance role at a site level and will work closely with the Managing Directors to lead and develop the finance teams across both sites, by driving financial success, providing insightful analysis to support business decisions, while ensuring continued bottom line focus and commerciality.
• Establish and maintain a strong controls environment
• Produce quarterly forecast
• Generate business unit monthly reporting pack for each site
• Lead preparation of the annual budget
• Produce year end statutory accounts
• Provide critical review of all forecast, budget and strategic plans, ensuring deliverables
• Support effective implementation of committed and communicated forecast, budget and strategic plans
• Financial control and analysis of transformation projects
• Ensure statutory and group, reporting and compliance
• Support in identifying profit enhancement opportunities
• Contribute on a broad range of commercial and strategic issues
• Understand key contracts and their KPIs providing analysis and explanations for any variances and unforeseen trading patterns
• Support Operations and Procurement in control and analysis of stock and work in progress, with the intention of increasing stock turns without compromising customer service
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with practical experience gained within a senior finance position (ideally within manufacturing).
Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence with credibility is key.
Whilst predominantly based within South Leicestershire, this position is to cover two UK sites, therefore weekly travel will be required whilst establishing yourself within the business.
Long term, the company ethos is to embrace flexible working / working from home etc.
In return, a highly competitive basic salary of £60,000 – £80,000 coupled with excellent benefits and bonus await.