My Client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding manufacturing business, ideally situated in Grantham and easily commutable from across the Midlands area.
Due to continued expansion following a recent take over (2018), my client now has a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to Join the team as Financial Controller.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this is a key hands-on role for the business, taking responsibility for the leadership of the site finance team whilst also producing Financial, Management and commercial accounting activity.
– Producing monthly management reporting packs, including P&L, balance sheet and cash-flows
– Forecasts, budgeting and analysis of variances
– Monitoring expense base through development of consistent and relevant financial and strategic reporting, and ongoing strategic development through long term financial planning
– Providing analysis and reviewing results with the finance director
– Completing quarterly VAT returns and submitting accordingly
– Working closely with external auditors to ensure a smooth audit process
– Lead a small finance team to ensure the delivery of Purchase and Sales Ledger activities, and timely payment of payroll
– Key role in improvement projects – Systems, Process and Controls
– Applicants will be Qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) ideally with previous PQE and a degree level (or equivalent) education is preferred
– Experience gained within manufacturing / engineering / construction sectors is preferred, but not essential
– Whilst a senior finance position, this is very much a hands-on role and candidates that have experience gained within Divisional business or SME will be best suited (not essential)
In return, this role promises to be both varied and challenging, with great scope to add value to a business and drive change.
Internal development and scope to move into a group role based in London or Internationally can also be offered.
A competitive basic salary of up to £55,000 and benefits can be offered.