My client is a leading listed International business within the manufacturing sector, with their European Technology and Distribution operation ideally situated within Tamworth and easily accessible from across both East and West Midlands, and 5 other Hubs across the World.
Due to continued growth, they now have a vacancy for an experienced Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller, reporting into the UK Managing Director and FD based in India.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Preparation of full management accounts for the subsidiary’s and parent company to a 5 day deadline, following month end, including consolidated Balance Sheet
• Forecast and budgeting for the subsidiary’s and parent company on a quarterly review basis
• Prepare and present business review slides to board members on a monthly basis, analysing business unit performance with key concerns and recommendations
• Full treasury function consisting of daily monitoring of Group cashflow and invoice financing
• Supervision of credit control, ensuring accurate forecasting on cash projections
• Supervision of bank reconciliations for all income accounts GBP/EUR/USD
• Ensuring accurate and timely Group VAT returns, including Intrastat and EC Sales List
• Preparation and submission of HMRC, PAYE and R&D claims for subsidiary entities
• Individual project reporting and control, variance analysis, actual v budget, costs to complete, BOM
• Overseeing all accounting procedures and systems – Oracle and MS Excel
• Preparation of Stat accounts, completion of Audit Files and Group Audit lead with external auditors
• Act as the leading interface between the Company and financial / regulatory bodies, including Companies House, HMRC, Bank, Financing House, Auditors and others
• Direct line management of finance team (Sales / Purchase / Trainee)
The ideal candidate will have varied financial and management accounting experience, ideally gained within a fast-moving international business.
Experience gained within manufacturing is desirable, however experience within other industries will be considered.
Candidates will ideally be formally Qualified, however those with relevant experience that are Part Qualified or QBE will also be considered.
In return, a highly competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits await.