Are you a CIMA or ACCA qualified financial professional looking for an exciting new challenge?
If the answer is YES, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our team based in Birmingham. The role sits across the group and its subsidiaries, where you will be Number 1 in finance, working within a small team and reporting directly to the Group Managing Director.
What you will be doing:
The Financial Controller will ensure timely and accurate information is reported to the directors and management team, to make sure each of the organisation’s strategies is being delivered. The information should also aid decision making and highlight key issues affecting the businesses.
You will business partner with various staff members throughout the group, many of which will not have an understanding of finance, so it is important you are able to succinctly describe issues and insights discovered through the finance function, and the commercial implications of such insights to aid their colleagues and facilitate them in performing their role more effectively.
This is a highly commercial and operationally focused finance position, and you will be responsible for:
– Leading all financial activity for the group
– Producing monthly management accounts
– Ensuring the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
– Budget analysis
– Improve efficiencies and reduce company costs
– Manage and lead the audit process, and liaising with external personnel
– Managing, mentoring and motivating the accounts team
– Budgeting and forecasting, including site variance cost reporting data
– Managing cash flow and banking, and funding relationships
– Contribute to company financial strategy and decision-making process
What you will need:
You will have proven experience in a similar role, with a strong background within an industrial setting (manufacturing, engineering).
You will have a background in financial auditing, or have worked in an accountancy practice.
Our ideal Financial Controller will also:
– Be professionally qualified (ideally CIMA or ACCA)
– Demonstrable industry knowledge and expertise
– Have an understanding of financial analysis and reporting
– Exhibit strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
– Have strong organisational skills, as well as a sense of urgency and an ability to prioritise
– Be a confident decision-maker and proactive problem solver, with a hands-on approach
What we can offer you:
We are offering the successful Financial Controller a competitive salary of £55,000 – £65,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience, plus the following benefits:
– 25 Days Holiday and 8 Bank Holidays
– 3% employer pension contribution
– Excellent staff discounts on our products
– Free on-site parking