My client is a well-regarded UK wide business specialising within Financial Services, with a Group Head Office based in London and Finance / Back Office Function based within Leicester.
Due to a recent promotion, they have now engaged FRS on an exclusive basis to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Controller.
Reporting into the newly appointed Finance Director, this role will take on the day to day responsibility of running a busy finance office and operational finance team, whilst also delivering:
• Co-ordination and review of the month-end reporting procedures
• Preparation and review of the monthly management accounts, and preparation of monthly reports and variance analyses
• Budgeting, forecasting and cash flow monitoring
• Prepare and submit VAT returns and quarterly National Statistics Office returns
• Completion and review of all month-end reconciliations and forecasts, on a quarterly and annual basis
• Manage the audit of the financial statements at the end of the financial year
• Understand and report on the profitability of the business
• Driving continuous improvement, and assist in projects including ERP Migration
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant, with previous experience gained within a similar Finance Manager / Financial Controller Position.
Candidates will need to have a good rounded knowledge of both Financial and Management Accounting, and be happy taking responsibility for the day to day running of a (5 staff) operational finance function.
Experience gained within Financial Services or another regulated environment is ideal, however those within other industries / sectors with demonstrated transferable experience will be considered.
In return, a competitive basic salary of up to £55,000 coupled with market leading benefits and flexible working awaits.