My client is a leading, family owned manufacturing business with over 20,000 products being supplied internationally to 50 countries.
Due to continued growth, they now have a vacancy for a dynamic qualified accountant to join the UK business as Financial Controller.
Working from the site in Warwickshire (Coventry), this position is key to the UK business, leading the site based finance and reporting into the parent company based within Europe, and partnering closely with Ops / Sales and Managing Directors.
• Full P&L responsibility for £75m Business Unit Group T/O circa £500m
• Member of the Site Senior Team – providing Finance / Business Partnering support to multiple functions, and also reporting into Private Equity company on a quarterly basis
• Develop site KPI dashboard and roll out to key stakeholders
• Ensuring site complies to Group Finance Standards, overseeing internal and external audit requirements and liaising with associated stakeholders
• Managing and developing a team of 4 Direct Reports, including managing their performance and workloads, ensuring the team have a flexible and proactive approach to their deliverables
• Working with Commercial and Development teams to ensure site focus on quality and customer service, delivers in line with budgeted expectations; whilst also tracking product / customer profitability
• Full responsibility of Budget preparation and presentation to the main board
• Attend Daily / Weekly operational reviews – challenging the Operations teams on performance vs budgeted standards, including Waste, Material Variance and Labour efficiencies
• Control Capex Spend and ensuring payback projects are correctly monitored
• Ad hoc analysis work as required – e.g. Impact on Labour Costs following annual government proposals, including National Minimum Wage increase
The ideal candidate will be qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA), with PQE gained within a fast paced business.
This position promises to be highly varied, candidates will need to be able to demonstrate a good accounting knowledge coupled with a high level of commerciality.
Experience gained within Manufacturing, Wholesale, Pharmaceuticals or Healthcare would be highly desirable.
In return, my client can offer a market leading benefits package coupled with basic salary of £65,000.