My client is a well-regarded market leading international business within the design, manufacture and sale of products, ideally situated within the East Midlands.
Due to internal movements, they have engaged FRS on an exclusive basis to assist with the recruitment for a Qualified Accountant, to join the business as Financial Controller.
This role will report directly into the board, and works closely with both the Directors of Finance and Operations, as well as the Managing Director.
• Lead, guide mentor and develop a team of 5 accounting professionals, taking responsibility for (Purchase and Sales Ledger, Credit Control, and Treasury, Management and Financial Accounting)
• Responsible for completing the monthly management accounts, and reporting to parent company within Europe
• Forecasting, budgeting and reporting, produce and analyse margin report, drilling down on product margin and sales and provide commentary to parent company
• Regular cash forecasts and foreign exchange requirement forecasts, Balance Sheet Control / Reconciliation
• Statutory Reporting for UK Business, and responsibility for controlling the year end audit / liaison with Auditors
• Oversee the completion of Statutory – VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat
• Work closely with HR regarding Payroll – P11Ds, managing the company fleet etc.
• Weekly meetings with UK Senior Management team, to update on business performance and make recommendations on improvements
• Delivery of various projects and continued development of Finance Systems, Process and Controls
The ideal candidate will be Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with previous experience gained working across both Financial and Management Accounting, and have previously held a similar position at Finance Manager / Financial Controller, leading a team of finance professionals.
This business is about to embark on a period of business improvement, and is ideally suited to a candidate that has a passion for driving change and streamlining process, control and systems.
In return, my client can offer a competitive basic salary of £50,000 – £60,000 DOE, coupled with Car and Bonus (Up to 20%).