My client is a divisional Manufacturing business and a subsidiary business of a major international Group.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a new vacancy for an experienced Financial Controller to join the business, to assist with:
• To effectively manage the financial accounting team consisting of AP, AR, treasury and costing functions.
• To provide accurate and timely cost and management accounting information.
• To proactively promote, facilitate and enhance the financial awareness of all employees, especially Managers.
• Maintain the integrity of financial systems and reports.
• Proactively work with other departments to reduce costs, improve productivity and streamline existing systems and processes.
• To provide an effective financial / management accounting service which meets the needs of the business, whilst ensuring compliance with Statutory and Group accounting procedures and demands.
• Preparation and submission of monthly accounts, within three working days of the period end.
• Reporting of daily profit and loss, and variable cost per earned standard hour reporting.
• Assistance with the preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
• Explanation of variances, from plan and implementation of corrective actions where applicable.
• Design, development and implementation of daily KPI monitors for the finance team, together with corrective action plans for measures off target.
• Responsibility for meeting the SOX control requirement for the business, through co-ordinating the completion of the quarterly testing and ensuring SOX documentation is complete and accurate.
• The control of the Nominal ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, fixed assets and VAT.
• Responsibility for the preparation and submission of accurate and timely VAT returns, IPR returns and other government returns and statistics.
• Assistance with the timely preparation of annual Budgets.
• Preparation of year-end statutory financial accounts, including liaison with the Company’s Auditors.
• Review of daily cash monitoring and cash flow forecast reports.
• To assist the manufacturing managers to analyse and justify new capital equipment, changes in working practices etc.
• To continuously strive to improve the Operating Working Capital of the business.
• To manage systems of control of capital expenditure in accordance with Group policies, including preparation of regular reports of expenditure.
• Monitor, train, coach and counsel team members.
• Comply with regulations regarding employment law.
• To continually strive to improve and simplify procedures and systems.
Applicants will be:
• Qualified ACA / ACCA with PQE.
• Enthusiastic and co-operative attitude.
• Regular attendance at work.
• Statutory regulations relating to finance, VAT, wages and salaries.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Good communication skills, teamwork and leadership skills.
• Previous costing experience preferable.
• Educated to a high standard, preferably a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.