My client is a well regarded £15m Turnover business, ideally situated to the North of Leicestershire.
Due to a period of major business restructure, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified / Part Qualified / QBE Accounting Professional to join the business as Financial Controller.
Reporting into the newly appointed (from within) Managing Director, this is a key role to the business, taking the financial stewardship of the business.
The company is a significantly sized employer and the role has scope for progression and customization, whilst having the benefit of working for a SME family based company. The right person will have a real opportunity to make a difference and stand out.
– Responsibility for all aspects of group accounts, ensuring all financial transactions are properly recorded and reported, and that timely and accurate financial reports are provided to the board and senior management team as required – in particular, ensuring there is appropriate commentary to allow understanding by all users
– Running of the payroll team and ultimate responsibility for the timely processing and payment of payroll, including the calculation and processing of auto enrolment pension contributions
– Quarterly VAT reporting
– Responsibility for and development of financial and control systems
– Produce budgets and work with the SMT to establish and monitor relevant KPI’s
– Prepare and monitor cash flow forecasts
– Regular review of costs against budget, and identification of potential cost reduction possibilities
– Supervise, manage and build finance department
– Liaise with external auditors to ensure timely year end procedures
– Involvement in procurement of overheads and capital expenditure
– Member of the senior management team
The ideal candidate will be experienced across both financial and management accounting, and ideally prior exposure of working at a Finance Manager / Financial Controller level within a SME Business.
This position promises to be both varied and challenging, taking the leadership of a team of two staff and driving the business forward during a period of significant growth and business improvement.
A good level of IT literacy is essential.
The business have a great bespoke system that has scope for further development, which is then used alongside Sage Line 50 and MS Excel.
In return, a great working environment coupled with excellent benefits, flexible working hours and basic salary of £40,000 – £45,000 can be offered.