My client is a well regarded privately owned business within the House Building Industry, ideally situated within Birmingham.
Due to continued expansion, they have now engaged FRS to assist in the recruitment of a Qualified Financial Controller to join the business.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this is the lead financial position for the business, taking responsibility for a small team of staff, driving continuous improvement and assisting the business to deliver on its strategic objectives.
● Completing the financial and business plan for the next three financial years
● Preparation and review of monthly management accounts, reporting to the MD
● Responsible for preparing the consolidation pack for the financial accounts at half year and full year, as well as reviewing the tax pack
● Providing sound financial guidance and analysis along with the commercial insight during land bid meetings, as well as valuation meetings
● Overseeing of the six members of the finance team, and completing performance management reviews every six months
● Implementing the internal policies and procedures set out to ensure compliance to industry regulations
● Completion of VAT, CIS, P11d and SDLT returns
The ideal candidate will be Qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA), with previous experience gained within the house building / construction industry.
You will have previous experience operating in a site No 1 or No 2 Position, and be comfortable leading a team.
In return, this position promises to be varied and challenging, with excellent scope to continue to develop as the company continues to grow.
A basic salary of £50,000 – £75,000 plus Benefits and Bonus Await.