FRS are assisting one of the country’s leading independent firm of accountants, who are in the top 100 practices in the country and have been finalists at the British Accountancy Awards for the last 2 years.
Employing almost 100 staff, they are looking to recruit a strong Financial Controller to look after the finance function.
You will report to the Finance Director, to provide timely and accurate Monthly Management and other Financial Information for the Board. You will head up the day to day finances of the business, working closely with the Finance Administrator, and will take responsibility for other ad hoc projects, as requested and required.
Your responsibilities will include:
To produce and present monthly management accounts
– Sales Ledger
– Payroll Reconciliation
– Expenses Analysis
– Pre-payments / Accruals / Inter-Office recharges
– Fixed Assets
– Petty Cash
– Markel Tax Analysis (Tax Consultant / Insurance Provider)
– Chargeable Hours Analysis
– Completion of purchase invoices
– Preparation of budgets, monitor and report to directors as requested
– Preparation of the company”s Statutory Accounts
– Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded, filed and reported
– Raising payments to suppliers
– Credit card payments, reconciling statement
– Bank balance on a weekly basis and post
– Posting expenses as disbursements to CCH software, and checking
– Prepare and monitor the pay schedule for discussion and approval
– Take responsibility for the management and organisation of visits by the Company’s auditors
The management and liaison with Markel Tax, to include – Extracting numbers for quotes
– Agreeing pricing
– Assisting with invoicing as required
– Reconcile monthly client accounts, and make payroll payments as and when required
Ideally you will be qualified CIMA / ACA / ACCA, or by experience, with a proven track record within a similar role and with demonstrable financial management experience.
You will have experience of managing a small team, and preferably have knowledge of Twinfield and / or CCH software. You must be legislatively compliant, with the ability to interpret relevant legislation.
– You must be able to deliver high quality results.
– You will be a strong but empathetic communicator, with excellent IT skills.
– You will be a good team player but with the ability to work without close supervision.
– Ideally, you will be flexible to work at other company offices when applicable.
What is on offer to you:
– A competitive salary
– A flexible working environment
– Support for future study if required
– 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 Bank Holidays
– Salary sacrifice pension scheme
– Ability to join a PMI scheme within the next few months
– Death in Service scheme, to be introduced within the next few months
– Excellent working conditions with free tea and coffee / fruit / car parking
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding professional business in Banbury. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the challenging times we currently face.