A start up company offering short term pay day loans to consumers, based in Leamington Spa.
We want to welcome a Financial Controller to join our high performing Finance team and to take ownership of the Group’s finances, while working under the guidance of the Finance Director.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of the financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial and statutory reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
The Financial Controller and his / her team will ensure that all processes and controls are strong and constantly improved, with a highly efficient month end process, accurate production of management accounts and other MI.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Preparation of management accounts and consolidated financial statements for the company and its SPVs, and Group
– Review management accounts for other Group companies
– Consolidation of monthly management accounts for all Group companies
– Liaise with auditors to ensure the smooth running of the year end audit (subject to the Group reaching the thresholds for audit), liaise with funders auditors to ensure smooth quarterly audits
– Preparation of the Statutory Accounts for all Group entities, for review by the Group FD
– Production of timely and accurate accounting and management information (including statutory accounting)
– Assist the Group FD with developing budgets and financial plans for the group companies
– Support Team Leads and Budget Leads in the management of project budgets, through provision of timely information
– Actively monitor budgets against actuals and provide detailed variance analysis on a monthly basis, as part of the month end management accounts process
– Provide updated financial models, reflected for actuals for all Group trading companies
– To work with the Group FD to ensure Companies House and regulatory compliance
– Hire, supervise and manage financial department staff
– Suggest improvements and updates for processes, control and systems
– Assist the Group FD with maintaining and implementing financial policies and processes
– Ensuring the Financial controls are working, and reconciliations are completed accurately and to correct timescales
Ideally you will be qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with previous experience of assisting in the budget setting process.
We will offer you – The opportunity to join a strong start up business in Leamington Spa.
– A competitive salary
– Support for future study if required
– Salary sacrifice pension scheme
– Excellent working conditions with free tea and coffee / fruit / car park
– Perkbox membership
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 per year