We are recruiting a qualified Financial Controller for a reputable business based in Cornwall.
Ideally you will have experience within the FMCG sector and a proficient user of SAP.
Our client will consider a candidate looking for a four day working week.
Alongside a competitive salary offering, the business have a range of excellent benefits on offer.
Reporting into the Site Director and working as part of the site’s Senior Leadership team, you will be responsible for producing weekly / monthly profitability statements, including the appropriate commentary to highlight trends affecting the performance of the site. In addition, you will ensure rigour in data recording and financial reporting in line with the company’s standards, and prepare and update the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
Your Key Responsibilities:
– Manage and develop the Finance department, whilst ensuring weekly and monthly reports are produced in an efficient and timely manner
– Own, progress, co-ordinate and develop product costing; key point of contact for account managers
– Lead and define profit hurdles consistent with agreed ROI, and undertaking promotional evaluation and post promotion reviews
– Prepare and own input into monthly results and performance management, including customer profitability
– Undertake internal audits and maintain appropriate risk management controls
– Manage capital expenditure, including investment appraisal, spend allocation to projects, classification of Assets and timely capitalization of projects
– Coordinate and improve systems (Arrowlink and P1400)
It is essential that you have strong Commercial Acumen with a flexible approach and excellent people skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business. Equally you will have experience of operating in a similar role within a FMCG business. You will also be able to work consistently whilst under pressure in this busy environment. You will be CIMA qualified or equivalent, and have strong Excel, and experience of SAP is essential.
Further responsibilities include:
– X Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
– Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
– Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
– Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
– Handle and resolve supplier complaints / queries to a satisfactory conclusion, for both the supplier and the Company, ensuring the more complex complaints / queries are passed to the Manager
– Coding, batching and matching of invoices to ensure financial reporting completeness
– Assist with month-end and year-end procedures
– Filing and general administration
– Ad hoc duties to support the department / business
** This role is being recruited rather urgently, so suitable candidates will be reviewed and offered interviews immediately **