FRS have been enlisted to assist with the appointment of a Financial Controller for a well regarded Manufacturing business, based in Burton-on-Trent.
My client is a well established business and supplies into a number of house hold names.
Due to continued expansion and internal promotion, we have been tasked with delivering the recruitment of a progressive Qualified Accountant to join the business.
Working closely with the FD / GM, this position will be involved in all aspects of financial control in a busy growing manufacturing business.
· Reporting directly to the Finance Director
· Managing the day to day running of a team of 3 staff, including appraisals, training, and recruitment of staff
· Presentation of monthly accounts to the Finance Director, with explanation of any variances or discrepancies
· Preparation of year end Corporate Accounts, and assisting the year-end financial audits
· Management of company cash flow, and purchasing of Euro forward contracts and management of currency exposure
· Preparation of budgets
· Preparation of manufacturing variances for Management eg. production efficiencies, cost variances, overtime variances
· Continuing good relationships with the banks and financial houses eg. Credit Insurance / Assurance companies
· Capex justifications and presentations
· Involved in MIS and IT projects
· Excellent Excel, Word, Outlook PC skills
· Fixed asset register control and depreciation
· Wages control and salary analysis
· Currency exchange adjustments
· Experience of exports, where possible
· Stock control, reconciliation provisions and adjustments
· Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Nominal Ledger controls, ad hoc journals and balance sheet reconciliations
· Profit margin analysis, and variance analysis of the company’s key revenue streams
· Company salary analysis
· Management of company stock
· Checking the Preparation and submission of VAT returns
· Checking, preparation, planning of Corporation Tax, PAYE and income taxes
· HR Duties and Pension Administration
The ideal candidate will be qualified, with relative experience gained in a similar position, however those that are in the final stages of qualification with relative experience will be considered.
Prior manufacturing experience is ideal, however my client is keeping an open mind to other industries / sectors.
This role promises to be both varied and challenging, with great scope for the successful candidate to continue to grow.
A basic salary of £40,000 plus excellent benefits await.