My client is a well regarded business, providing specialist training services to individuals and businesses alike.
Due to succession planning, they now have a vacancy for a Financial Controller to join their UK head offices based in Coventry.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this is a key role to the business, taking responsibility for the timely completion of company Financial and Management Accounting duties.
* Timely completion of monthly management account to include Budgeting, Forecasting, Analysis of Variances and ownership of P&L
* Creation of analysis using finance systems and MS Excel
* Provide commentary and guidance to improve financial performance
* Completion of Financial Accounts, including VAT and Statutory Returns
* Journals, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and Inter-company Accounting
* Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Bank Accounts
* Ensure the timely payments of suppliers and expenses
* Management of company bank accounts, ensuring smooth cash flow
* Oversee the management of purchase / sales / general ledgers
* Ad hoc duties as requested
The ideal candidate will be working towards formal qualification (CIMA / ACA / ACCA / AAT) and have previous experience gained within a similar position, those that are QBE with prior experience will also be considered.
A good level of IT literacy is essential, to include strong MS Excel, prior experience of Sage is desirable.
This position promises to be both varied and progressive, with excellent scope to make a positive impact driving change and improvement, and improvements to analysis but also improving communication with other key stakeholders outside of Finance.
This position promises to be progressive, and is being created with the view of being the successor to the Finance Director in the next 1-2 years.
In return, a great working environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and study can be offered.