My client is a highly progressive PLC business, leading the way within the Education Technology Industry.
They have developed a highly intuitive product / service which has secured vast investment and partnerships with the world’s leading IT / Technology businesses, and about to embark on the next phase of growth which will include this product being used by both employers and those within the education sector around the world.
Due to the above, FRS have been engaged to handle the exclusive recruitment of a Financial Controller to join the business.
This position partners closely with the high profile CFO and CEO, and is to be based from the company’s site in Tamworth, however the ability to work from home / remotely 80-90% of the time.
This position is part of a small finance function and is therefore expected to be hands-on in the preparation of Group Management and Financial Accounts (IFRS), whilst also leading a small team that provide the day to day transnational finance activity.
• Responsible for the full monthly, quarterly and annual close process; validation of completeness and accuracy of the financial submission.
• Act as the business technical expert on accounting standards, including a detailed understanding of IFRS, to allow assessments of complex transactions and propose accounting treatment.
• Support of acquisition accounting and structure changes, opening balance sheet provisions, fair value assessments, share and asset acquisitions, disposal of business elements.
• Budget and Forecast for Capital and Deprecation item, and monthly tracking, reporting and analysis of spend.
• Accurate Balance Sheet management, Maintenance / Reconciliation of Financial Records, Daily Cash Management and Treasury related activities, including Forecasting.
• Creation and implementation of KPIs, and build commercial insight on activity.
• Development of Accounting Processes and Controls.
• Liaising with external auditors.
• Partnering key stakeholders including the CFO.
This business is highly dynamic and agile, with rapid growth expected on the back of the above products / services, with numerous others in the pipeline, but also via acquisition with one already being completed in 2020.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA), with a dynamic approach and sound understanding of technical accounting (IFRS).
A background of starting within practice before moving to industry would be ideal, however those that have gained the above experience within Industry are also welcomed.
The ability to review and improve process, controls and systems is required, and the ability to confidentially communicate with C Level Execs is essential.
In return, a basic salary of up to £45,000 coupled with excellent benefits and future scope can be offered.