My client is a well regarded business within the services industry, working with a diverse range of clients from football clubs and music festivals to celebrities, high net worth individuals and local authorities.
Due to continued expansion, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller, taking responsibility for the financial control, reporting and planning for the group; the group consists of 3 UK Limited companies and a recently created entity overseas.
This position is to be based from their offices in (east) Coventry.
The role will provide key advice and support for the management to make decisions; it provides the right candidate with the opportunity to own an integral position within an industry-leading services business.
The ideal candidate must be very hands-on and not afraid to roll up their sleeves, seen as an exceptional leader of teams of all levels and skillsets.
• To provide leadership and advice regarding all financial matters within the business, including all financial analysis into business planning and performance.
• Ongoing monthly reporting review of all Department areas for actual performance, year to date performance against budget, forecast and previous year’s performance, provided to Directors.
• Overall Management of the Finance and Payroll Departments, ensuring all financial controls are maintained.
• Responsibility for the day to day finance functions, including receivables, payables, payroll, IT and banking.
• You will provide strong leadership to develop the finance team, ensuring best practice is maintained.
• Production of monthly management accounts; reporting on variances to budgets and forecasts.
• Cash / working capital management and reporting.
• Manage all VAT, PAYE and other HMRC submissions.
• Set, oversee and review budgets and forecasts for each company, liaising with the Managing Director to ensure targets are achievable for sign off.
• Closely supporting and working alongside the Managing Director.
• Liaise with external Accountants for submission of Statutory accounts and Tax Returns.
• Liaise and maintain relationships with our Banking and Insurance providers.
• Oversee all accounting procedures and systems used by the Company.
• Constantly seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk.
• Management of key relationships relevant to the financial operations of the business.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA), with previous experience gained within a similar position.
This position requires extensive stakeholder engagement, and is therefore ideally suited to a candidate that enjoys partnering with commercial / operational teams.
Whilst a senior position within the business, this remains very much a hands-on role, supporting the financial reporting needs of the business whilst working with, and supporting the teams surrounding them.
A good level of IT Literacy is required, to include advanced MS Excel and prior knowledge of working on Sage would be ideal.