My client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding privately owned business, working within both the Manufacturing and Construction Industries.
Due to continued growth, they have engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as No 2 in Finance.
My client is located Near Jct. 2 of the M6 in Coventry, therefore easily commutable from across both the East and West Midlands.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Finance Director, this is an exciting and stimulating opportunity for the right person to join an ambitious, fast growing organization operating in the construction market. This is very much a career-enhancing move for the successful candidate.
Responsible to manage the Finance Assistants and allocation of workload.
* Ensuring timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts, analysing and reporting on performance and commenting on material variances, including the following:
– Project WIP analysis report
– Production of the following financial reports:
– Monthly Profit and Loss / Rolling year Profit and Loss
– Balance sheet as at a current period and as at the same period last year
– Budgeted P&L vs Actual P&L variance analysis for a current month and YTD
– Last year P&L vs Current year P&L variance analysis
– Projected P&L for 12 months ahead
– Financial X-Ray – Ratio analysis
– Commenting on material variances
* Managing all finance and accounting operations team, ensuring the delivery of month end account procedure as follows:
– Managing Purchase and Sales ledger invoices cut off
– Ensure intercompany invoices match on both sides
– Production of month end general journals
– Prepayments and Accruals
– Fixed Assets depreciation
– CIS deduction and reporting
– Project Accounting reporting
– Staff Hour allocation preparation and posting
– Fitting and procurement budget files prepared for managers
* As part of the Senior Management team, perform a critical assessment of WIP at each month end and provide the financial summaries which accurately reflect the status of all ongoing contracts to completion.
* Perform balance sheet accounts reconciliation to keep accounts “clean”:
– Bank balances
– Creditor and Debtor balances
– Fixed Assets balance
– Prepayment and Accruals breakdown
– Fixed Assets balance / maintenance of register
– PAYE / NI and VAT reconciliations
* Preparing annual financial budget for review and report variances:
– Liaise with budget holders in setting annual overheads budget for every year
– Monitor budget variances on monthly basis and report to the budget holders
– Hold meetings to comment if material variances and to agree further actions
* Monitoring daily cash movements and assisting with cashflow management and planning:
– Report daily bank balance and cash in
– Monitor bank balances at both entities to reduce overdraft
– Produce weekly cash flow forecast for 4 weeks ahead
– Produce analysis of forecasted vs actual cash flow for last 4 weeks
– Contribute in maintaining annual cash flow forecast
* Support in creating, and subsequent tracking of improvement programmes to aid business efficiency and profitability throughout the business.
The ideal applicant:
• Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA), ideally with previous post qualified experience
• Experience within the construction or manufacturing industry would be preferred – Experience of WIP accounting would be an advantage
• Appropriate first-hand experience of Management and Financial accounting in a commercial environment
• Must have substantial experience with and knowledge of Excel, from formula reading and writing to complex workbook creation, developed through use in real-life situations
• Evidence of good interpersonal and team management skills will be highly valued
• Able to demonstrate technical proficiency and up-to-date knowledge of accounting developments
• Personal qualities must include enthusiasm, adaptability, tenacity, self-starter, and an absolute commitment to achieve team and personal objectives, and meet deadlines
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an advantage, however use of other ERP systems is considered