My client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding SME business within the technology industry, they work in partnership with most of the major Automotive Manufacturers.
This company was formed in 2009, and under the guidance of the founder / Managing Director, have experienced year on year growth.
Due to the above, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Financial Controller to work from their UK head office and operations facility, both in North Leicestershire.
This is a newly created position for the business, as to date the majority of day to day finance activity has been completed by their external accountants.
The Financial Controller will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Financial Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
• Implementation of required changes of the core finance function policies and processes.
• Running of the finance function with support from a transactional bookkeeper.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
• Due to the nature of the subscription-based business, a good knowledge of revenue recognition standards, including the deferred income model would be beneficial.
• Prepare a monthly finance pack / management accounts to board level, identifying results, trends, and financial forecasts.
• Preparation of short-term cash flows (Typical format would be a 13-week rolling forecast).
• Review all financial plans and budgets regularly, to look for cost reduction opportunities.
• Coordinate information flow to Auditors, in order for year end accounts to be produced in a timely manner.
• Management of payroll in-house, or providing information to a payroll bureau in a timely manner (TBD).
• Coordinate information flow to Auditors in order for year-end accounts to be produced in a timely manner.
• Additional controller duties as necessary.
Day to day duties:
• Ability to support [the bookkeeper] where required, on all sales and purchase ledger duties.
• Management of the nominal ledger / journal postings etc. – underpinning the management accounts.
• Ensure all key control account reconciliation are done as part of the month end process.
• Management of supplier payment runs, introducing a level of director authorisation.
• Credit control management – c.130,000 customers, majority collecting on DD – support / managements of DD cancellations.
• VAT / other HRMC returns – preparation and submission.
• Company secretarial duties, including online filing submissions.
• Maintain the renewals on company insurance.
Other skills and knowledge required:
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Experience with accounting and operational software packages, in particular Sage.
• Previous combined accounting and finance experience.
• CIMA / ACCA qualified.
Those that are currently working within practice but seeking a first move into industry, would also be considered.
In return, the successful candidate will be joining an exciting and progressive business, where you will partner closely with the Finance Director and Managing Director to drive the business forward.
A basic salary of £60,000 coupled with excellent benefits and flexible working arrangements can be offered.