My client is a well regarded bespoke business working within the Automotive (Engineering / Manufacturing) Industry.
Due to continued growth, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Financial Controller to join the business.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this will be a key role for the business operating as the No 1 in finance, working from their site Near Banbury (easily commutable from across Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire.
• Timely and accurate consolidated monthly financial reporting, including the finance reporting pack to the MD and senior exec team, plus balance sheet reconciliations with variance analysis for Actuals vs Budget, and monitoring of finance KPI’s – 5-day month end close
• Integral part of the senior management team, whose role is to review and improve company processes and report to the Board
• Directly responsible for one direct report
• Cash flow forecasting – creation and maintenance of weekly cashflow
• Quarterly UK VAT returns – for 3 entities
• Budget management – In charge of collating budget information for 3 entities and consolidation of those budgets
• Payroll management – Responsible for management of payroll process
• Debtor and creditor management – Responsible for managing company debtors and creditors
• Lead for external financial audit, and completion of year-end audit pack for 3 entities
A key focus to this position is to improve the Management / Commercial Accounting Info for the business.
Working closely with key stakeholders, the creation of robust KPI”s to enable the business to monitor performance whilst also taking ownership of the creation of the annual budget, providing forecasting and analysis on variances and provide commentary to key stakeholders across the business.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified or working towards qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with prior experience gained within Management Accounting.
Prior experience gained within a SME Engineering / Manufacturing business is preferred, but not essential.
Whilst listed as a Financial Controller position, this role is to operate as the No 1 in finance for the business. As such, candidates need to be confident communicators and be happy sitting down with Execs on a weekly basis, discussing performance and driving improvement.
A high level of IT literacy to include Advance MS Excel is Key, and prior knowledge of working on Sage software is ideal.
In return, my client can offer an excellent working environment where you will work closely with a great customer base, providing a truly unique offering.
Candidates with an interest in the Automotive or Motor Sport industry would fit particularly well to this business.