My client is a well-regarded and rapidly expanding Investor backed International business within the Logistics / Distribution Industry, with a £100m Turnover and following recent acquisition now forms part of a rapidly expanding group.
Due to Internal promotion, FRS have been engaged to deliver the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to Join the business, ideally situated near Tamworth and therefore easily commutable from across the East and West Midlands via M42 and M6.
Working closely with the Finance Director, this is a key position in the day to day running of the Finance Department, driving improvement in efficiency, process and controls and enabling the business to continue its year on year growth.
• Lead, guide, mentor and develop a small finance team of 5 staff with 1 direct report
• Work closely with Investors to provide Reporting and Financial Analysis within short timescales
• Creation of Annual budget and partner FD with financial / strategic planning
• Review company Financial and Management Accounting activity, ensuring the deadlines are met
• Partner key stakeholders across the business, to drive improvement in efficiency and bring KPI / performance results to life
• Deliver change management streamlining process, controls and improving IT Systems (ERP Migration likely in 2021)
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified in ACA / ACCA / CIMA, ideally with previous PQE working within Industry.
Prior experience gained within Logistics / Distribution is desirable but not essential, as long as previous experience gained within a fast paced business can be demonstrated.
A sound understanding of both financial and management accounting, ideally gained from having worked previously as Finance Manager / Financial Controller is required, and prior experience or desire to lead a small team key.
In return, my client can offer a varied and challenging position with genuine scope to really make a difference.
My client has market leading staff retention figures that is a clear demonstration of how engaged employees are, with the only movement coming from within the business, coming as a direct result of either business expansion or internal promotion.
My client is able to offer a basic salary of £50,000 coupled with bonus and excellent benefits.
Some flexibility around working hours, to include a condensed 4 day working week could be considered for this position.