My client is a fast moving and highly dynamic entrepreneurial business, ideally situated within Leicester.
Due to internal movements, FRS have been engaged to assist with the recruitment of a Company Accountant / Financial Controller to join the business.
Reporting to the board of Directors, the successful applicant for this role will take responsibility for the provision and explanation of financial information.
A willingness to take a hands-on approach to both staff management and the preparation of financial information is necessary, to facilitate the smooth running of the finance department and meet the needs of the business.
· Monthly management accounts production
· Cash forecasting and cash management
· Preparation and submission of VAT returns
· Overseeing transactional data input
· Management and support of finance staff based locally and in other offices
· Maintenance of financial controls
· Preparation of annual statutory accounts
· Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
· Identifying and managing balance sheet risks / opportunities
· Ensuring accurate company accounting records are processed and recorded in accordance with the law and Company standards
· Supervising production of monthly management accounts for the Directors
· Overall responsibility for a team of 3, and manage staff accordingly to achieve agreed objectives
· Oversee all billing, accounting and payroll processes
· Annual Budgeting process
· Organisation of Annual financial Audit
· Weekly Cash Flow forecasting
· Working for business and other Director owned businesses within the group (10 businesses)
· Aged Debt analysis and supervision of collection of historic debts
· Analysis of accounts and management reports
· Monthly Reporting on all aspects of the business for presentation to the board
· Assist the Company Directors of business and associated Companies in overseeing the operational functions of the departments
· Assist with project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet the needs of the Company
· Aid in suggesting and implementing new processes to ensure business and associated group Companies has best systems and processes
· To proactively forecast and advise any needed improvements or process changes, producing business cases and bringing to the attention of senior management
· Continuous improvement and documentation of all finance functions
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, and ideally have previous experience in a lead finance position for a dynamic, fast moving SME business
Previous experience of Sage Line 50 is also highly desirable.
This position is to be office based during hand over, and then will revert to home based working.
A basic salary of £50,000 excellent benefits await.