My client is a well respected and rapidly expanding, privately owned SME business operating in the manufacturing industry for over 40 Years.
This client is situated in Watford, however they supply some of the biggest retail companies, contractors and commercial installers across the UK.
As part of the company’s continued expansion, FRS are looking to recruit a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve the organisation”s financial performance, and direct accounting operations – reporting directly to the board.
Duties for the Financial Controller will include, managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analysing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a Financial Controller will aid my client in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organisational targets, and developing financial plans that support organisational strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, be highly organised, and have excellent leadership skills.
The Financial Controller should streamline their accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
• Oversee all company accounts and investments and prepare financial reports improvements, processes, and controls
• Prepare monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary, together with quarterly re-forecasting and cash forecasts
• Ensure compliance with regulations, liaise with auditors and prepare HMRC and VAT returns
• Ensure that all financial transactions are accurately recorded, filed, and reported
• Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities, and identify discrepancies
• Implement improvements to accountants systems, including payroll and invoicing processes and improve efficiency
• Work closely with the MD to develop business growth in terms of strategic planning, and mature the finance function in line with the fast growth of the business
• Evaluate and manage risk, and manage the audit processes
Skills and experience:
Candidates must have an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification, post qualification experience, ideally in the manufacturing / Construction industry.
Strong Excel and accounting software skills, and a commercial mindset, understanding the key drivers of a business is key.
This position requires a hands-on approach with a can-do attitude, with candidates demonstrating excellent communication and leadership skills.