My client is a rapidly expanding, privately owned £140m Turnover business, growing both organically and via acquisition.
Due to continued growth, they have now engaged FRS to deliver the recruitment of a Financial Controller to join the group head office based within Leicestershire, yet still easily commutable from across the Midlands.
Working closely with the FD, this is a key role to the business, taking the financial stewardship of 6 plus Dealerships (14,000 Units Sold Per Annum), coupled with continuous improvement and delivery of projects.
• Report directly to the FD for 6 dealerships, and a prep centre
• Direct management of 8 staff, to include reorganising workloads to become a more efficient and effective team
• Responsible for the timely production of month end management accounts, together with analysis of variances and commentary
• Preparation of annual budgets for all group dealerships
• Preparation of weekly and quarterly forecasts (cash and profit)
• Responsible for all balance sheet reconciliations, being completed diligently at all sites monthly
• Responsible for maintaining working capital levels within budget – Key areas of working capital are reviewed locally and reported each Friday, and follow up unusual items. Sales and purchase ledgers are also reviewed in detail at the monthly accounts / operational review
• Liaise with auditors at year end
• Develop the financial understanding of non-financial managers
• Provide analysis of performance, and to enable focused drive of business improvement
• Work closely with senior leadership team, and provide input on group’s continued expansion, include M&A Activity
• Assist with forthcoming delivery of new DMS migration project across the Group
The ideal candidate will be an experienced commercially focused finance leader, with a proven history of leading a team and driving continuous improvement and expansion.
Candidates will ideally be qualified, however those that are P/Q, Stop Studier or QBE with demonstrated experience gained in a similar role within Dealership / Motor Trade will be considered.
In return, a competitive basic salary coupled with generous package and scope to really impact and drive the business forward can be offered.