My client is a rapidly expanding and dynamic global business in the stock holding and supply of metals to fabricators, with uses across a number of industries.
Following a recent acquisition, FRS have been engaged to assist with the appointment of a Financial Controller to join the business on a Full Time, Permanent basis.
This position will work closely with the Managing Director and Group CEO, taking a lead position in the management of company finances.
• Day to day line management and development of the finance department, the commercial, freight and facilities department and the IT and training department.
• All financial and statutory accounting issues – Deal with external auditors, bankers, Government organisations (e.g. HM Revenue and Customs, Office for National Statistics etc).
• All aspects of management accounting, costing, project accounting, planning, budgeting and forecasting – Monthly reporting in UK and quarterly reporting to parent company.
• Regular liaison with head office – Deal with all transfer pricing issues.
• Working capital management, including foreign currency exposures.
• Control of all capital expenditure and high value non-direct goods and services.
• Commercial and business partnering support to engineering colleagues and project teams – Ensure all major projects were fully costed and monitored, and that project team planning was aligned to commercial objectives as well as to customer contracts and milestones. Attend customer site meetings to agree progress and payments.
• Work alongside MD and Sales Manager on project pricing issues and pricing strategy generally.
• Coordination of annual pay reviews, allocation of increases across the business and negotiation thereof, with relevant department heads.
• As such, lead continuous improvement initiatives across the company’s operations, and liaison with ISO quality auditors both external and from parent company.
• All insurance and risk management related matters – Member of health and safety committee.
• Deal with all legal, fleet management, pension and HR matters.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified with PQE, ideally with previous experience gained within Manufacturing / Sales / Distribution.
Previous experience of working within Metals would be highly desirable, but not essential.
A rounded knowledge across Management / Financial Accounting, and the ability and confidence to operate as No 1 within finance for the business is key.
In return, my client can offer a varied and challenging role, with candidates given autonomy to lead the finance function within the business, whilst also partnering the board in making clear strategic objectives.
A basic salary of up to £65,000 plus Benefits and bonus awaits.