My client is a dynamic, PE backed international business within the Manufacturing Industry, situated in North Leicestershire and therefore easily commutable from across the Midlands area.
Due to continued growth within both UK and International markets, FRS have been engaged on an exclusive basis to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Controller.
This position is the No 1 in UK Finance, reporting into the Group FD in Europe and General Manager based locally, offering a great mix of both Financial Control and commercial business input.
The Job Purpose:
• To support the production of insightful and accurate management reports, and statutory accounts to meet company deadlines.
• To provide business partnering support to the sales and operational teams to help improve margins, efficiency and profitability.
• Responsible for assisting the Finance Director in all aspects of financial management of the company.
• Control cashflow on a daily / weekly and monthly basis, together with forecasts.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory accounts.
• Preparation of Management information reports.
• Preparation of statutory monthly reports (eg ECSL, VAT returns, intrastat).
• Analysis of costs and nominal accounts.
• Delivering ad-hoc Management Information reports to meet business needs.
• Fully document new and existing processes, and reports to a high standard.
• Review and authorise the monthly payroll, including checking for errors and anomalies, verifying hours worked, sick days used, and other employee information.
• Monthly reconciliation of all payroll related balance sheet control accounts – PAYE, Pensions etc.
• Produce pension reports and submit monthly DD payment.
• Monthly stocktake reporting.
• Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
• Coordinate the annual external audit.
• Preparation of business cases.
• Ad hoc support to the Finance Director.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with PQE, and prior experience gained within Manufacturing or FMCG.
Applicants will need a sound understanding of both Financial and Management Accounting, and high level of commercial awareness with a passion for partnering key stakeholders across Sales and Operations, to drive both improvement and cost reduction.
Whilst a key and senior position within the business, the candidate will need to be hands-on in the production of the Accounts.
This is a site No 1 Position and therefore the successful candidate will need to be comfortable leading a team of 5, to ensure the timely delivery of Purchase / Sales Ledger and Payroll Activity.
In return, my client can offer a highly varied and challenging position, with great scope for future development to Finance Director.
A basic salary of £55,000 – £65,000 coupled with excellent benefits awaits.