My client is a well established and rapidly expanding privately owned logistics / distribution business, operating from two UK Sites.
As part of their continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a dynamic accountant to join the business, starting as Financial Controller but with the prospect to progress to Finance Director within the next 3 years.
Reporting directly into the Owner / MD, this position is a highly varied position delivering all aspects of Financial and Management Accounting activity, whilst also leading a small finance team.
– Lead, guide, mentor and develop a small finance team of 3 staff, covering Purchase / Sales Ledgers, Credit Control etc.
– Timely production of Management and Financial Accounting duties
– Work with SLT to create annual budget, provide regular review and analysis on performance and variances
– Management of company bank accounts, ensuring smooth cash flow
– Bank and balance sheet reconciliations, with analysis of discrepancies
– Completion of VAT / Stat Returns within agreed deadlines
– Ensure the timely collection of debtors and reduction of DSO
– Payment of suppliers and expenses, and oversee the running of weekly and monthly payroll
– Partner MD / Owner in building strategic plan, including the involvement of possible M&A activity
Drive improvement to process, controls and systems to enable growth,
improve commercial insight on business activity, build models and KPI to enable performance to be monitored.
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACCA / CIMA if not already qualified, however those that are QBE that have the ambition to build a progress career will also be considered.
Prior experience gained within logistics is ideal, however those with demonstrated experience within a fast paced business will also be considered.
A good level of IT Literacy is essential, to include MS Excel for reporting and analysis, with prior knowledge of Sage a major advantage.
Previous supervisory experience is preferred, however those seeking their first opportunity at operating in a leadership position will be considered.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as is the confidence and ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders across the business, and also present to the SLT / Board.
In return, my client is able to offer both a highly progressive and varied role, and excellent platform to make a major difference in the company’s continued growth.
A basic salary of £40,000 can be offered at starting, with scope for considerable improvement in the near future, as the role continues to evolve.