FRS are recruiting a Financial Controller for an exciting start-up tech business based in London.
Working closely with the Group Finance Director, you will be building the finance function from scratch, implementing systems and processes alongside the Group FD and Directors, and in time recruiting your team and developing a more team based structure.
Ideally, suitable candidates will have experience of working for a start-up business previously, but our client is looking for candidates excited by the prospect of joining a new business that has got plans to reach the global market with its innovative technology.
The job will be ever-changing, but will include:
– Managing the monthly management information reporting, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast
– Delivering the month-end close process by entering manual journals and making all necessary accruals for accrued income, deferred income, prepayments etc.
– Managing the end of year annual accounts process, including completion of the audit
– Ensuring compliance with Companies House filing requirements
– Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies, to maintain and strengthen internal controls
– Processing and managing quarterly VAT returns
– Liaising with external firms such as auditors, HMRC, tax partners and banks
– Assisting the accounts assistant in issuing invoices and processing bills, as well as making payments
– Contributing to business plans and forecasting
– Providing analysis to support key decision making using BI software
– Identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes
– Undertaking various other duties within the finance department as required