A successful, award-winning and growing company with innovative, life-saving products are looking for a qualified and experienced Financial Controller / Finance Manager.
This is a key hands-on finance management role, where you will have a large responsibility.
As a member of the Management Team and reporting to the CEO, you will be working in all areas of the accounts function from VAT returns to cashflow management, and preparing monthly accounts to strict deadlines.
The salary will be dependent on your experience (£43,000 – £50,000 per year).
You will be classed as ‘Senior Staff’ and receive private medical insurance.
Your holidays will start at 34 days per year (including bank holidays), increasing to 39 over 5 years.
A pension and employee recognition scheme are also in place.
What you will be doing:
– Preparation of financial statements to strict deadlines, including monthly, quarterly and annual accounts
– Full accountability for P&L and balance sheet
– Production of annual budgets and analysis of actuals and variances
– Cashflow and risk management
– Providing accurate and timely financial information, and KPI reports to senior management
– Providing commentary, analysis and forecasts to drive performance and growth across the business
– Ensuring financial regulatory compliance and governance
– Liaising with and providing required information to the auditors
– As a member of the Management Team, playing a full part in the general management of the business
– Ensuring the system of controls over accounting transactions is maintained and developed
– Leading, monitoring and developing small finance and admin team
– Stock accounting
– WIP reporting and control
– Project accounting / job costing
– Maintaining the fixed asset register and assisting Senior Management with capex decisions
– Managing the monthly payroll
– Managing and submitting HMRC returns – VAT, PAYE etc.
– Responsibility for the reporting and administration of the company pension scheme (People’s Pension)
– Company insurance renewals and administration
– Managing relationships with key stakeholders, including shareholders, auditors, insurers, bank, customers, suppliers and colleagues
– Covering the work of other accounts staff in their absence (e.g. credit control, purchase and sales ledger)
The role requirements:
– Hands on experience of managing the finance function in a similar level role within a commercial environment
– ACCA / CIMA qualified (part required / fully desirable)
– High level of commercial awareness with problem solving skills and solutions focused
– Passionate about change management and with a growth mindset
– Analytical, with excellent attention to detail and excellent Excel skills
– Demonstrable leadership skills
– Experience of running a payroll (Sage preferably)
– Full driving licence and own car
– Experience of stock accounting (desirable)
– Experience of using an ERP system, SAP Business One (desirable)