My client is a leading business within the supply of a range of products to the education sector, demonstrating strong growth and largely unaffected by COVID 19.
Due to this continued growth, they have now engaged FRS to assist in the recruitment of a Financial Controller to join the business, ideally situated within Central Birmingham.
Reporting into the MD, this financial controller operates as the No 1 in finance.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with prior experience taking a key role in the timely delivering of financial and management accounting duties.
– Operating in a hands-on manner in all month end processes, including leading on the production of all management accounts and variance analysis
– Working with senior operational colleagues to present financial information to assist in the business planning process
– Lead on all budgeting and forecasting activity across the business, working with business unit managers
– Day to day management of a small finance team – performance conversations, mentoring and development
– Take a lead on finance based initiatives to improve the performance and efficiency of the business as a whole
Whilst a hands-on position, the ability to lead a small team of Finance / Admin Clerks is key.
Previous experience of supplying products or services into the education sector is ideal, but not essential as the focus is more so on team fit.
A good level of IT Literacy is required, to include MS Excel and ideally previous knowledge of Sage Systems.
In return, a basic salary of £50,000 coupled with excellent benefits and working environment await.